Saturday, February 13, 2010

running relates to life in so many ways...


I'm running the Utah Valley Half Marathon in June and I'm very excited about it. I just started training this week, so it's been slow and hard but it feels good to be doing something again. I bought a pass to the rec. center and i've already seen Aunt Frances there. :) I ran up the "temple hill" this morning which is a hill that most people avoid. I used to do it all the time when I was in shape. It was really hard today, but very very worth it. When I run I think about so many ways that it applies to life. It's kind of crazy. For one example, the hills that may or may not come up during a run are like the trials in life. There are some hills that you can avoid by taking a different route, but some you can't escape from. And when you get to those points in your run, you can either choose to stop trying, turn around, or walk, or you can push harder and get over the hill.

Just some things I think about.

5 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

I like the way you think. Love you.

Valorie said...

Great post! I think it's wonderful when you find things you can relate to your life. Very introspective.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am the same way when I am running. I think about how different momments in a long run or marathon relate to my life and how I can learn from what I am feeling or thinking in the moment to make my life better. I love being a runner and I really think some of the nicest, giving people are runners. I wish I were going to be out there so I could run the full.... Not sure we are making it out at all this year. sad sad sad.

Baldwincrew-blog said...

Very true. Love it. You should do the Bear Lake 1/2 with me and aunt jenny in june I think it is the same day. Love ya! Keep it up!

Beka said...

amberly! i am doing the utah valley half too! yay! lets run in together! i'm proud of you for conquering temple hill. i need to start running.... dang college is so busy