Sunday, July 6, 2008

girls camp.

















cammie and i just got home from girls camp on the 4th of july. it was an amazing experience. i loved and hated every second of it. i spent alot of time thinking about my life and stuff. we did the challenge course which was amazing. i'm so excited to go there again for our family reunion in september. on the 3rd day, we went on these crazy hard hikes. i as a YCL was assigned to go with the 2d years on their hike. it was the longest and the hottest. it was about 5 miles. i loved it, but i gave away my water bottle so i didn't drink as much as i should have. it took us about 2 and a half to 3 hours. it was very hard. that night at dinner i all of a sudden felt really awful and 10 minutes later i was bundled up in my sweatshirt and curled in my sleeping bad shivering even though it was about 95 degrees. i kept on getting worse and worse for about 4 hours when my leader finally made the call for me to have a blessing. 20 minutes after the blessing i was not only fine, but i was pretty hyper and went out and joined in the rest of the nights activities. it made me grateful--again--for the gift of the priesthood in my life. i love it so much! besides my case of heat stroke--as was diagnosed by my leader who is also a nurse--nothing super eventful happened. i got help hostage by my bunk and body slammed into the ladder, we pulled alot of awful practical jokes, i became very very sleep deprived and talked to my wonderful leaders for hours and hours on end. i strengthened my bond with my fantastic sister even though we hardly saw each other. i grew up just a little bit more when i realized how much the younger girls are looking up to me. all in all, it was an amazing experience as camp always is, and i am already anxiously awaiting next years!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! be sure to get those pictures to me!! you have WAY cute ones!! Girls camp was so much fun! I am so glad that we got to be in the same cabin :)

Janice {Run Far} said...

Glad you had fun.

I heard you and Cammie are coming out with Franny.. YEAH!!!

Sarah said...

Wow, those pics brings back a flood of memories from my youthful days at girls camp!! Looks like you had a great time. I have to ask, did you roast starbursts??

Lydia said...

Young Womans camp is still some of my favorate memories. I'm so glad you had a good time. It is a great place to build up so you can handle all that life will throw at you.

Baldwincrew-blog said...

Way to survive another year. I LOVE girls camp I always love going and acting about 10 years younger than I am. It's a special place with a special feeling. I have great memories of it. Love you tons.

Horsley News said...

I love girls camp, and really love Heber Valley Girls camp.
I'm so glad that you had a choice experience. I love you so much.
Grandma Susan