Friday, May 1, 2009

about the swine flu...

all this talk about the swine flu has REALLY been freaking me out. i've been feeling a bit under the weather all week, plus i was just in mexico...
yesterday i had a mini-breakdown in math. i was practially convinced that i had the swine flu and i was spreading it to my whole school and we would have to cancel prom (not that i'm GOING or anything) just like park city did and it would be all my fault. so i came home during math (thank you ms. smithson for letting me leave!) and slept for 5 hours then watched t.v. for 3 hours and went back to bed.
i don't have the swine flu. for one thing, i don't have any sort of a fever, my throat doesn't hurt except for when i think it does, my body doesn't ache unless i think it does, my head has been hurting, that's legit. i'm really tired but that could be because all i've done for the last 24 hours is sleep. plus, i was in mexico over two weeks ago, and i would have showed symptoms alot sooner and according to my mom, the places in mexico that we were are very far away from mexico city where it originates.
my mom thinks i have mono and if i don't feel "better" by monday we are going to the doctor.
i feel guilty because she wouldn't let me go to school today so i could get "better" but quite honestly, i don't really feel that sick anymore.
i think maybe i just had hypochondria or something.
oh well, might as well make the best of being at home on a school day!

3 comments:

Beka said...

ummmmm you should feel better! That's what I think! Are you not going to Idaho this weekend? We should play tomorrow night (I mean Saturday)! If you want to at least. I hope you feel better girlie!

Janice {Run Far} said...

LOL- I have been sick for over two weeks... now the girls have it, we are all coughing all over the place and when we are in public I feel so bad, cause I know everyone is thinking we have the Swine Flu (H1N1)

Lydia said...

Sometimes we just need to let our bodies rest. I love that you were freaking out that you had swine flu.