We stayed with my aunt and uncle John and Sherri, who are so awesome. They fed us food from their wonderful bakery and let us stay in their extra room in the basement.

We had some unexpected car trouble right as we got to Chubbuck so John let us use his van for the rest of the trip which was a HUGE blessing. We drove to Rexburg on Saturday and walked around campus and looked at apartments! Then we went to the temple which was a really cool experience. We actually had wanted to tour another apartment before we went, but we couldn't find it so we just went to the temple instead, and the workers told us that if we had been any later they wouldn't have let us in because they close it really early. So that was an awesome experience, and it was so great to go to the Rexburg temple. I've never been anywhere else besides Timpanogos.
After the temple, we drove the hour back to John and Sherri's and got ice cream and watched a chick flick. :) then we went to put gas in the car so we could take it home today and it completely died. It just stopped working. So we drove the van home and the car is still in Idaho and my awesome uncle is going to take it to a shop for me. 
Even though we had some terrible car trouble, it was very clear that we were being watched over the entire trip. We kept saying things like "what if we had been on the freeway when this happened," "what if we had been staying in a hotel and didn't have anyone to help us?" etc. and I was just completely overwhelmed with gratitude that nothing horrific happened because it TOTALLY could have. And I'm SO grateful to my wonderful aunt and uncle. John and Sherri, I love you guys so much! They were so awesome about everything and let us invade their house and eat their food and use their car. I love them so much!
I am SO excited for college. This trip just reestablished that!
3 comments:
what a great uncle you have... :) glad you had a good trip and a great experience.
I'm so grateful you had such a great time. I'm really grateful you have such a great aunt and uncle, because it means I have an awesome brother and sister in law. Love you Amberly. I'm so excited for your adventure in college to begin. You'll love it.
What kind words. It was really nice to have you and your friends Burley. Sorry you guys had car troubles it really was no problem taking care of things. After all a road trip isn't a road trip without car troubles. Just think of the stories you can tell now. I've got tons of them. In fact you're dad had to pick me up in Cedar City once because my car broke down on a road trip.
Post a Comment