Monday, March 3, 2008

in like a lion


it is the beginning of march and it absolutly has come in like a lion. all last week was so nice and warm and i was so happy because the snow had almost ALL MELTED! yes! i went running again on saturday, the 1st of march and it felt great. i had on my hideous green running shorts and tee shirt and was just glad that i wasn't wearing sweats! i think i did around 6 miles, maybe more. when i was about a mile away from my house, it started getting really blustery and cold. i picked up the pace so i could get home asap. in the course of 5-10 minutes, it went from kindof breezy to really windy. i kept on running through these little dust devil windy pockets or whatever and i would have to close my eyes to keep the dust out and it hurt my bare legs! when i was almost home i was seriously sprinting as hard as i could with the wind fully on my face. it felt like i was moving in slow motion! i finally got home and listened to the wind howl. that night it snowed AGAIN! i wanted to cry. but the good thing is that it was all melted by last night and today it is not very cold. at least i don't think so but i haven't been outside yet. it's professional development day so we have no school who hoo!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Yeah spring is just around the corner. I can't wait for the flowers to bloom and the sun to shine.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Way to run through the cold and wind

Sarah said...

yes, I too wanted to cry when it started snowing again! I am all for the sunshine! Even though we need the snow and should be more grateful...i can only handle so much snow and cold weather. Nice job on your running! I don't think i am going to run the half in April. I am focusing more on weights right now to get a little more toned. Maybe come summer I will run another one!!