Saturday, November 22, 2008

leaves


there are many people in the world who say that fall is their favorite season.
i disagree.
sure the leaves are beautiful when they are in the trees;
but they don't stay on the trees forever.
eventually they find their way to the ground
at which point they have to be cleaned up by someone.
so today i woke up and started cleaning leaves
we all did.
i only did a little bit of grumbling
i really don't mind doing stuff like that,
but there are things i'd rather do i guess.
like eat.
it could be peaceful and serene when you think about it;
with just the sound of your rake against the ground, the rustle of the leaves.
but its not because the lawn mower is going as well as the leaf blower.
and then as we are almost done, mom wants to stop and take many pictures.
that's cool i guess.
it really wasn't all that bad, but still,
i just don't understand when people say
that fall is the best season.

4 comments:

Alixa said...

Oh, come on, leaves are fun. You totally looked like you were having fun playing in them. But I guess I get your point. I am glad you liked the movie. I have heard mostly bad reviews so it was good to hear a positive one. I cant wait to see it. Congrats on your patriarchal blessing. That is so fun! Well, I miss you. Hope things are going well.

Lydia said...

But how fun are the leaves to play in, come on Amberly there is always fun in everything if you look for it.

Janice {Run Far} said...

let me tell you why fall is and always has been my favorite time of the year.

I love the fresh cool air, I love the smells, I love the leaves even when they fall cause then you get to have a Saturday morning with your family raking them up and taking pictures. =)
I love Thanksgiving and I think this might be why I love the fall the most. Thanksgiving is such a family Holiday, extended family I should say. the more the Merrier. I love the food the smell of the food the laughter the games the sounds of the entire day. Even the fights if there are any. It all tells me we are a family and we are together. I love my family (all 48 ?)
Can't wait to see you next week. Maybe I will get to see you Tuesday night or Wed instead of waiting till Thur

Horsley News said...

Sorry fall is still my favorite time of year.
Love
Grandma Susan