I'm figuring out my routine, when I get my homework done, when I eat, when I sleep and such things.
You should be interested to know that Monday night I was in bed by 10:00. Last night I climbed in bed at 10:30. Why yes I am a winner.
I'm learning to get used to the learning model that they have here. The learning process is kind of different than I am used to, it's very much up to me as to how much I actually do. So I'm trying to do more than the bare mininum. I'm trying to get used to the whole "you teach yourself" thing. I'll get there.
I actually do miss my family a lot, especially my siblings (of course I miss you too mom and dad!). I have such an awesome family, I love them so much. I'm gonna go see them for conference weekend. :) That makes me happy.
But I'm not homesick. I'm having so much fun here, and while I miss my family, I know that if I was still living at home I would not be a pleasant person to be around because I have needed this change for so long.
It is such a blessing to be here. Have I mentioned that the spirit is EVERYWHERE? Every building is dedicated, prayers are offered before every class. The students are so great. I overheard this conversation the other day "I didn't even know her, but I was like 'dude, come on. This is BYU. You shouldn't be doing that.'" That felt cool to me, that I am surrounded by people who are living the standards of the gospel and who want others to live those standards as well.
Also, a new venture:
No more of this stuff. I've been doing pretty well in the healthy eating department since I've been up here. But I'm cutting treats back to only one day a week--which will probably be Sundays. Smoothies don't count as a treat. I eat those all the time. :) They are healthy right?
So. I'm doing really well. :) I like college.
1 comment:
This post made my heart very happy.
Post a Comment