This entire summer I have been working, working, working, I know, you are so sick of hearing about it. So I've been getting these incredible paychecks, and 80% of it has been going straight to my different savings accounts. I've been carefully (well, mostly) budgeting, and only going over my budget a little bit here and there...(hehe). And I kept thinking about all of the things that I was going to need for school, especially with regards to a winter wardrobe (which, mine is sadly lacking) and I quickly realized that the little bit I was giving myself just wasn't going to be enough to get all that I need.
So a few days ago I said "you know what? I have saved SO MUCH MONEY this summer, I am fine to blow some of it." And I have. And it's been fantastic. The amount of sweaters I now own is greatly increased, skirts, bras, shirts and shoes have also been purchased. I have been a shopping maniac. I HATE shopping, a trait I inherited from my mother (thanks so much). But I went shopping on Friday, then again today. And I even went back to Old Navy to fight for my 10$ argyle sweater that I was forced to pay $26.50 for. And no worries, I got my 17 odd dollars back. Huzzah. Also, I found a copy of JANE EYRE at Deseret Book for 6$. I about died on the spot. They had a bunch of classics and I wanted most of them, but I did hold myself back in this instance. Oh dearest Jane, how I can't to delve into your pages again. You have no idea how happy this makes me.
The daunting list of necessary items is slowly being chipped away at, and I am surely enjoying myself as I chip. :) Dear Rexburg, by the time I get up there, you won't be able to bother me with your frigid weather, for I will be very appropriately dressed.
I am on a shopping/Zumba/cleaning high.
Houston Sound System
8 years ago
1 comment:
How fun!! I love shopping! :) I am glad you are learning to budget. So many people going off to school never master that skill. You are very independant and are going to do so well in the frigid north. You will love Rexburg.
Post a Comment