Thursday, September 9, 2010

happy first day of classes!

Today has been pretty fantastic. It was the first day of classes, and I finally feel like i'm in college now. The whole orientation stuff was so helpful and good, but now that I'm jumping into to studying I'm just so happy. I went to three classes today, Basic Muscianship, Music Explorations and Book of Mormon. I think that the Basic Muscianship class will probably be pretty easy, it's all about "let's learn solfege" and stuff like that, but the ear training and dictation exercises will be very helpful. Music Explorations will just be a fun class to discover what options are out there. Book of Mormon is going to be great, I'm very excited for the studying aspect that will be required. I know that that class is definitely going to strengthen my testimony.

My last class of the day ended at 12:30 which I am a big fan of. :) Then I checked the call-back list for my bad choir audition and found out that I made the call back list! So we'll see if I get into women's choir, but at least I made it to that point!

What a happy happy day. What a great life I have. I can't even begin to explain what a blessing it is to go to this school. The spirit is EVERYWHERE. The atmosphere is so comfortable and peaceful and awesome. The people are incredibly friendly. Yesterday I was walking on campus and this random kid walked by me and pointed at me and said "hey". Everyone smiles when you make eye contact, I always feel like I can ask any person if I need help with anything. I love this place. Everything just feels RIGHT. Like the part of my life that was off is now on, I'm where I need to be.

As soon as the pictures get posted on facebook I will steal them and post about I-night. Oh heavens, it was a BLAST!

3 comments:

JKZABRISKIE said...

Yay! This makes me so happy!!!

Valorie said...

Amberly, I am so glad you are settling in and having a blast. I am happy you are updating your blog so I can hear all the fun details.

Cammie said...

hey hottie.
:)
good thing your my favorite, ever.