Saturday, November 6, 2010

i haven't left my dorm yet today.

It's been one of those days where I would really rather just stay in bed all day long. So I did.

I'm reading Eat Pray Love--the one that they just made into a movie with Julia Roberts. It is a good, good book. I've missed just doing nothing all day but read. I haven't done that for months.

On the other hand, it kind of sucks that this weekend has been a total bust. I guess that's my fault. Sometimes I lack the motivation to go find anything fun to do. It's definitely something we have to create here, it doesn't just fall in our laps usually.

Stake conference tonight, I'm ready to go be spiritually edified. That will be good for my soul.

I wonder how on earth we are going to get ourselves to church tomorrow at 9 am when we usually sleep in until ridiculous hours on Sundays. It's safe to say that we will be taking some epic naps tomorrow afternoon.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that now is the time to be patient, that I will never get to have experiences like this again and I need to make the most of these awesome opportunities.

I'm incredibly blessed to have such wonderful roommates, especially my room roommate and best friend Whitney. She's a really good sport when it's 1:30 in the morning and she jsut wants to sleep but I want to talk. Thank you Whit, you are a blessing in so many ways.

I'm gonna go have some hot chocolate now. It's 50 cents at Pita Pit and it's divine.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

oh wait.... it's a dollar now. tragic. and good thing i love you:)

The Hurst Family said...

Will you bring the book so I can read it over Thanksgiving. I still want to see the movie, but it already left Water garden. Boo

sara gagon said...

ahh amberly, i know exactly what you mean by you make something to do... i am the same way here. and most of my days have been busts because i didn't realize that :) haha... anyway love you