Thursday, November 4, 2010

november week

I haven't really posted on here this week because I feel like nothing's been happening that is picture worthy, or that people would find interesting, but I just had the thought, "why should I care about that? I don't blog for them, I blog for me." So here are my thoughts for this lovely first week of November:

Firstly, the weather has been INCREDIBLE. I don't understand. I am living in Rexburg Idaho where it snows all the days and is negative temperatures. We have not had snow here yet (I don't count the 1/4 of an inch that melted in an hour, sorry Jayna and Krista, I know it got you excited). This week it has been 65 degrees. Blessing? An enormous one.

I have been a studying machine this week. It's been fabulous. I love it when I can just focus for hours and hours and feel so accomplished with what I am doing. On the other hand, I took another science test that I studies SO hard for, and yeah. Got a B. If you tell me that's good I might hurt you.

I love being healthy SO much. I have been off of treats (minus the weekends) since September which feels so good. I've been trying really hard to work out. On Monday I went to the gym and told myself, "yeah I'll do 30 minutes on the treadmill which will be awesome." I felt so good the entire time, that I ended up going for 45. I know it's not much, but it will get there.

Things with my major are going really well. I still adore my music theory class, especially since we started secondary dominants. I am just so comfortable with everything we do in that class which makes me feel really good about myself. Also, my voice lessons are going super well too. I'm learning TONS and improving every day and growing so much. I can tell that Sister Ashby is proud of the things that I am doing and she is getting really nitty gritty about things I need to change and fix. It's a good feeling when I go to a group lesson and am given important things to work on that will improve my tone and resonance, while the other girl is being coached through technique--notes and rythms and stuff. I still have SO SO far to go, so much to learn, so many bad habits to break and new things to implement, but I am starting to really like practicing and really like my lessons. This is a very good thing.

My best friend Jared comes home in 6 weeks from yesterday. It didn't really hit me just how SOON he is coming home until I wrote him yesterday and fully comprehended, oh my gosh. He will be HOME! I have missed that kid so much. More than anything, I have just missed having a best guy friend that I did everything with and talked to about everything, with no pressure of "does he like me? do I need to act a certain way? blah blah blah?" Oh I am so excited to see him.

What an excellent week this has been. And tomorrow is Friday. :) I'm going to the temple after classes and then taking a test...and then whatever else the Rexburg wind brings me.

2 comments:

Beka said...

i love you! i'm doing so good with working out and not eating treats! you inspire me! lets run a race together k?
k speaking of missionaries coming home. guess who got home? BRYCE ANDERSON! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah. i am wigging out

Unknown said...

HAHAHA