I cannot even believe that I am going home today. It's been a month and a half since I've seen my family, but the thought of going home and being with them feels like it hasn't been nearly that long. I've tried really hard since I've been up here to truly live up here in Idaho, and not dwell very much on my home in Utah, it's hard for me to be in two places at once. So all of my focus has been on living up in Rexburg, and I haven't thought too much about my home and stuff. I can't really describe it. I can't believe that I haven't seen my families faces for so long. It just doesn't make any sense to me. It feels like I am always connected to them even though I am far away, and living a life that is entirely different than they are living. But at the same time, I feel so close to them, like I could just pop in and say hello any time I wanted to, even though I really can't. I don't know. It's all very strange.
I'm also SO excited to just have a break from school, and this routine. I love routines, I love being consistent and having a set plan and sticking to it, but sometimes it gets really monotonous. I'm so looking forward to not having to think about school work and homework. To have a time to just play and be with family and friends.
I hope that going home will be a good experience, and that I won't miss it up here too much, or that I won't dread coming back. I hope that at the end of the break it will be easy for me to get back into the swing of things up here. Because I really need to focus the last three weeks that I'm up here. Because I'll have finals, and juries. It's going to be intense for a while. But for now, I just get to have a break. Thank heavens.
Houston Sound System
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment